Friday, January 15, 2010

Amazing little blessing

Well, for those of you who are reading these blogs, you might have noticed a slight (four month or so) time break from my first blog. The reason for my delay in posting further blogs is simple, I am now a mother.
While I thought I had a month or so to get used to blogging before the arrival of my first son, I was mistaken. Noah J. Isham arrived in the early hours of a September day, six weeks earlier than planned. His entrance into the world caused a little commotion. He spent two and 1/2 weeks in the hospital's neonatal intensive care unit getting strong enough to come home, and my husband and I took turns making sure there was someone with him during that entire time.
By the grace of God, Noah has been growing and getting stronger every day.
Since he has been home, my husband and I have transitioned into the adventure of parenthood. For all my friends and family members out there who are already parents, I will tell you I never underestimated how much the job demanded, but I now know that it is an experience that only another parent can truly understand. And I'm just four months in.
Like all parents, I could wax poetically about the many wonderful qualities my son possesses. And I'm sure that I will mention many of these characteristics in future blogs. But, for now, I will say that he has brought us more joy than I could have ever imagined. He is starting to develop his personality, and if his grins and laughs are any indication, I believe he will be a happy child, perhaps even a charmer. I pray every day that Kris and I can guide him toward being a caring man who loves the Lord.
The support Noah, Kris and I received while in the hospital was amazing. Friends and family and work colleagues showered us with prayers, good wishes, gifts and friendly shoulders. We were overwhelmed by all of the love we felt, and we could never thank everyone enough.
So, in the blink of an eye, my occupation has become stay-at-home mom. While I plan to continue with my photography and writing projects, it is obvious to me that "mommy" is and will be my number one job. I hope you chose to follow me on this adventure. It's going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment